Belotero is the latest, most advanced form of dermal filler available today. It has a unique ability to integrate with the tissues of your skin, providing volume and a more youthful shape to your face. Belotero can reduce lines and wrinkles while enhancing your own facial contours. There are different formulations of Belotero available, making it ideal to improve a wide variety of skin issues. This filler can treat frown lines between the eyebrows, periorbital lines (crow's feet), nasolabial folds from the nose to the corners of the mouth, perioral lines and marionette lines from the corners of the mouth to the jaw. In addition, it can round the cheekbones, plump the lips, restore softness to the hands and décolletage and more. The quick and nearly painless procedure typically takes 20 minutes and most people can return to work immediately afterward. The results of Belotero treatment are not permanent and vary by individual. For most patients, the effects are still visible nine months after an injection. Follow-up treatments are typically done every six to 12 months.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is commonly used to reduce or eliminate the appearance of facial wrinkles. It is injected under the skin into areas surrounding the eyes, forehead and mouth to smooth crow's feet, frown and worry lines, and lines on the neck. Made from a purified protein, BOTOX® injections block nerve impulses, weakening muscles to relax wrinkles and give the face a rejuvenated look.
Facts about BOTOX® Cosmetic:
BOTOX® Cosmetic, introduced in 2002, is the first botulinum toxin to be approved by the FDA to temporarily treat moderate to severe glabellar lines between the brows. With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of women and their doctors. Approximately 11.8 million1 BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures have been administered in the United States since 2002. 92% of 303 patients surveyed were satisfied with the results of their BOTOX®Cosmetic experience3.
Botox® cosmetic for men
BOTOX® Cosmetic is certainly not just for women. If you are a man and think it's time to do something about those moderate to severe glabellar lines between your brows, talk to your doctor about whether BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you.
- 6% of total BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures are performed on males (313,714 procedures)
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular minimally invasive physician administered aesthetic procedure for males (314,000 procedures)
Deep wrinkles and furrows may be a part of aging, but they don’t have to be permanent. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm XC Injectable Gel are a quick and easy solution. They work to erase these lines and restore a younger, more refreshed appearance. Juvederm XC is a new, FDA-approved formula that lasts up to one year. It contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to minimize the mild discomfort associated with earlier forms of this treatment. The injection of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in the skin that adds volume and hydration—is administered directly to targeted areas to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds while also smoothing the skin. Most patients achieve their desired results in just one treatment session and may only require yearly touch-up treatments in order to maintain results.
How does JUVÉDERM® XC Work?
Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). But as you age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds - like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth. Using a dermal filler like JUVÉDERM® XC is a safe and effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, bringing back its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds.
1. Understanding Where Wrinkles Form
Your skin consists of two layers known as the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis, or outer layer of the skin, acts as the skin’s primary defense against the environment. The dermis, or innermost layer of the skin, is composed primarily of connective tissue and provides the skin with a support network. Most facial wrinkles and deeper nasolabial folds occur within the dermal layer of the skin.
2. Our Skin’s Natural Moisturizer
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring molecule. Much like a sponge, its primary function is to bind and absorb water, which creates volume in the face. In this way, Hyaluronic acid can be thought of as the body’s internal moisturizer. But, as we age, HA diminishes, which contributes to the presence of lines and folds. JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel works to correct this by restoring hyaluronic acid in your skin, helping to diminish wrinkles and nasolabial folds.
3. Experiencing Rejuvenation
JUVÉDERM® XC dermal filler is a nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment for nasolabial folds and other facial wrinkles. Using a fine needle, your healthcare professional eases JUVÉDERM® XC under the skin to fill the soft tissue of the dermis. This adds volume and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and nasolabial folds instantly.
While there are a variety of hyaluronic acid fillers, JUVÉDERM® XC is uniquely formulated. A next generation HA filler, JUVÉDERM® XC uses a manufacturing process called HYLACROSS™ technology. HYLACROSS™ gives JUVÉDERM® XC its special smooth-gel structure that holds up over time. That’s why JUVÉDERM® XC is the first smooth-consistency HA gel and the only HA filler that’s FDA approved* to last up to one year with only one treatment.
KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness. KYBELLA® allows you to further expand your aesthetic injectable portfolio and offerings to your patients. The number of injections and the number of treatments should be tailored to the individual patient’s submental fat distribution and treatment goals. Once the aesthetic response is achieved with KYBELLA®, retreatment is not expected.1 KYBELLA® is supplied in a pack of 4 single patient use 2 mL vials. KYBELLA® is administered by subcutaneous injections into submental fat in approximately 0.2 mL per injection spaced 1 cm apart using a 30G or smaller needle.
Frequently asked questions
- What is submental fullness?
- Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common, yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition.1 It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance2 – leading to an older and heavier look.3
- Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men, and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain.4
- According to a 2015 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), over 2/3 of consumers are bothered by submental fullness – nearly as many as those bothered by lines and wrinkles around the eyes.5
- What is KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection?6
- KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA® is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults.
- The safe and effective use of KYBELLA® for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
- How does KYBELLA® work?
- KYBELLA® is a non-human and non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.7
- When injected into subcutaneous fat, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After the aesthetic response is achieved, retreatment with KYBELLA® is not expected.1
- To avoid potential tissue damage, KYBELLA® should not be injected into or in close proximity (1-1.5 cm) to the marginal mandibular nerve, salivary glands, lymph nodes and muscles.
- What are the results of KYBELLA®?6
- 68.2% of subjects treated with KYBELLA® experienced a ≥1-grade improvement with KYBELLA® compared to 20.5% of placebo-treated subjects, based upon validated physician and patient measurements.*
- 16% of patients experienced a ≥2-grade improvement with KYBELLA®, compared to 2% of patients who responded to placebo, based on validated physician and patient measurements
- KYBELLA® treatment resulted in high patient satisfaction – 79% of KYBELLA®-treated patients reported satisfaction with their appearance in association with their face and chin.
- Patients also reported improvement in the visual and emotional impact of submental fat when asked how happy, bothered, self-conscious, embarrassed, old and overweight they felt following treatment in relation to the amount of their submental fat.
- Marginal mandibular nerve (MMN) injury occurred in 4% and dysphagia occurred in 2% of subjects. To avoid potential tissue damage, KYBELLA® should not be injected into or in close proximity (1-1.5 cm) to the MMN, salivary glands, lymph nodes and muscles.
- The most common adverse reactions were edema/swelling, hematoma/bruising, pain, numbness, erythema and induration.
- What are the side effects with KYBELLA®?
- The safety profile of KYBELLA® is well-characterized.
- KYBELLA® has been the focus of a global clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which over 1,600 have been treated with KYBELLA®.
- The most common adverse reactions were edema/swelling, hematoma/bruising, pain, numbness, erythema and induration.6
- KYBELLA® is manufactured through a highly-controlled, FDA-regulated process and approved facility to ensure patient safety.
- For more information, please see Important Safety Information
Laser Hair Removal
Lasers produce highly focused, intense beams of light that are absorbed by dark pigments in the hair follicles beneath the skin's surface and converted to heat, destroying the follicles and reducing the thickness and density of hair. Laser or light energy is selectively absorbed by the melanin in hair follicles and converted to heat, diffusing to and injuring stem cells in the bulb and bulge. Effective hair reduction can only be achieved during the active growth phase and hair reduction is considered permanent when a significant amount of hair does not return for a period of time longer than the complete growth cycle. After a series of treatments, most hair is permanently removed. However, if hair does regrow it will be finer and lighter than before.
What happens during the treatment?
The Provider will discuss the treatment with you and decide if you need a topical anesthetic cream based on your skin sensitivity. The area of your skin being treated will be scanned by the laser. Treatment time is dependent upon the area being treated. This is a non-invasive treatment requiring minimal to no downtime with minimal to no discomfort.
What should I expect after treatment?
You will have some redness and slight swelling in the area that has been treated. This will subside within a few hours. You will need to keep the area clean and follow the Provider's after care instructions.
Is the treatment permanent?
Laser hair removal typically requires several treatments. Some permanent hair loss will be associated with each laser treatment; however, the number of treatments needed will depend upon the individual and typically requires several treatments. The hair that does remain is often lighter in color and thinner than the original hair prior to treatment. The average person will need 3-5 treatments performed approximately 5-6 weeks apart. This is due to the three phases of hair growth. We must treat the hair while it is in the active growth phase to successfully remove unwanted hair.
How long will it take my skin to heal?
Normally the skin will look red and swollen for approximately 48 hours post treatment. The Provider may suggest treatment of a small test area before you undergo the full treatment. This will help her to determine how long your treatment will take to obtain your desired results.
Simple, quick, safe and painless, BLU-U Light Photodynamic Therapy offers an attractive alternative to medications and antibiotics for young men and women with moderate acne. The BLU-U Light device shines gentle waves of narrow-band blue light on the skin, killing the bacteria that cause acne breakouts.
What is BLU-U Blue Light Treatment?
The BLU-U is a unique blue light that kills the P. acnes bacteria in your skin. Treatments are simple - you sit with your face close to the light for a short time at a schedule set up by your doctor, approximately a 17-minute session about once or twice per week. The treatments may go on for five weeks or so. It's safe, it's not hot, it's not painful. After some weeks, the blue light can help control your acne.
Is the BLU-U a laser?
The BLU-U is not a laser. The BLU-U delivers fluorescent light scattered over a larger area. It also does not emit UV light.
How long is a BLU-U light therapy session?
The doctor will prescribe the most appropriate time frame for your acne, but typical sessions last roughly 17 minutes.
Who performs the BLU-U light therapy procedure?
A qualified healthcare professional is required to perform the procedure.
Photodynamic therapy for Rejuvenation
Photodynamic Rejuvenation treatment is the use of intense pulse light to treat a variety of skin conditions including the signs of aging due to the sun, large pores, broken blood vessels, brown and red spots.
Portrait® Plasma has been FDA cleared for the full-face treatment of fine to deep wrinkles, superficial skin lesions and pre-cancerous skin growth. It can reduce or eliminate brown spots and wrinkling caused by the sun and repair hyper pigmentation. Instead of employing a light laser, light treatment or injection, Portrait® Plasma works by delivering millisecond pulses of nitrogen plasma energy to the skin's resurface via a special hand piece that stimulates and produces new collagen, the building blocks for skin regeneration.
Portrait® Plasma is effective in reducing the look of fine lines and deep wrinkles, treating sun-damaged skin, removing pre-cancerous skin lesions and improving skin tone and texture. Patients also get skin tightening as proven in a clinical study. It works on a variety of skin types including most ethnic skin. The results are comparable to laser resurfacing but the recovery time is dramatically reduced and skin is intact after treatment. After treatment, the intact epidermis acts as a barrier until completely new, healthier skin architecture grows underneath. Only after there is new skin architecture does the outer treated layers shed revealing a new healthy sustainable skin. Portrait® Plasma keeps working, stimulating collagen production and improving elastin for up to two years after treatment with continued improvement to the skin. Portrait® Plasma repairs the architecture of the skin for true, high quality, long-lasting improvement. It activates collagen production at the surface of the skin while also stimulating the formation of a fine and unique network of collagen fibers deep within the architecture of the skin.
What makes Portrait Plasma different from other available treatments? The ground breaking science behind Portrait Plasma makes it different from other treatments in several important ways. Portrait Plasma is the first and only treatment clinically proven to regenerate skin. Its unique thermal energy initiates regeneration deep below the skin’s surface, remodeling the skin’s architecture. This creates dramatic results that improve over time as the new architecture progressively replaces the old. How does it work? The innovative Portrait Plasma technology transfers thermal energy to the architecture of the skin using a non-contact technique producing controlled, uniform regeneration of the skin. How soon will I see a difference and how long will it last? You will see results soon after your treatment. However, one of the most striking and unique advantages of Portrait Plasma is that it stimulates a natural process of regeneration, producing results that progressively improve over time. Patients are amazed when they compare their appearances before treatment and twelve months later. How many treatments do I need? Your physician will recommend an appropriate treatment regime for you. Typically this will vary from 1 to 4 treatments depending upon the desired outcome, your skin condition and the level of improvement you are seeking relative to recovery time. What kind of improvements can I expect to see? You will see improvements in skin texture, tone and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. New healthier collagen will improve contours, tighten skin and enhance your overall appearance.
What is Protégé Elite?
Protégé Elite is a no-downtime, no pain, in-office procedure for toning, tightening, and improving texture to sagging skin of the brows, lower face, jawline, neck, and body. Protégé Elite utilizes radiofrequency technology during the roughly 30-minute procedure to gently warm the skin, encouraging new collagen growth over time.
How does a Protégé Elite treatment Feel?
Treatment with Protégé Elite is easy and painless. Treatment to a single area takes approximately 20 minutes. During treatment the Protégé Elite tip is constantly gliding over the skin in continual arcs and circles. The treatment feels like a warm roller ball floating over the skin’s surface. No pain medication or numbing cream is necessary.
How many Protégé Elite treatments are recommended?
A series of treatments is recommended. Protégé Elite is typically performed as 3-4 sessions spaced two to four weeks apart.
Is there downtime following Protégé Elite?
How does Protégé Elite work?
Protégé Elite is a monopolar radiofrequency device. Specialized, safe electrical energy is delivered by the Protégé Elite tip to the skin. A grounding pad, usually placed on one’s back during the treatment, ensures safe delivery of the radiofrequency. During treatment, radiofrequency energy flows from the treatment tip to the skin, warming the skin to approximately 42 to 44 degrees Celsius. At this temperature, collagen undergoes structural changes. Over a period of weeks to months following treatment, new collagen growth is encouraged, leading to improvement in skin texture, laxity, and even wrinkles.
When will I notice results following Protégé Elite treatment?
As Protégé Elite works by stimulating new collagen growth, a process called “neocollagenesis,” results take some time to develop. Typically, results are seen within a period of weeks to months.
What areas of the face or body are treated with Protégé Elite?
Protégé Elite is FDA-cleared for skin toning and firming. Many areas on the face and body may benefit from this treatment. Common areas of treatment on the face include the area around the eyes, the jowls, lower face, and neck. Protégé Elite may also be used on the body to tighten skin. Skin laxity of the arms, knees, and even abdomen may be improved with treatment.
Will I need re-treatment? How long do results last following Protégé Elite?
Protégé Elite leads to visible skin tightening effects but maintenance treatments are always encouraged. Typically, patients may have a “touch-up” session once a year, although the frequency is highly dependent on the individual.
Who is a good candidate for Protégé Elite?
Patients with relatively good skin elasticity or “spring back” respond more readily to treatment. Younger patients may have more dramatic responses. Patients with poor skin texture may have more modest results or require more frequent treatments. Anyone seeking skin tightening but hoping to avoid discomfort or surgery may benefit from Protégé Elite.
What are the possible side effects of Protégé Elite?
Adverse effects from Protégé Elite are uncommon and mild in nature. Mild redness or a hive-like reaction is possible but rare. A burn or nerve injury is extremely unlikely given the automatic shut-off safety features on this radiofrequency device. This differentiates Protégé Elite from other radiofrequency devices that may cause burns or pain, especially when treatment occurs over bony surfaces.
Can I combine Protégé Elite with other procedures?
Yes. Protégé Elite is an excellent compliment to Ultherapy, a robust ultrasound device used as a nonsurgical alternative to deeper tissue tightening. Typically, botulinum toxin injections such as Botox and Dysport are avoided on the same day of treatment. Fillers such as Juvederm or Sculptra are best completed at separate visits. However, other aesthetician services may be completed on the same day, and Protégé Elite could be completed the same day as some laser or light-based procedures such as IPL or Spectra. Please see link: Protege
What is rejuvapen?
The Rejuvapen, a Fractional Collagen Induction Therapy System, utilizes 9 precisely spaced micro needles in a small cartridge to create invisible, vertical, micro perforations into the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis. As a result, the skin shifts its natural repair mechanism into high gear and starts producing collagen and elastin to repair these micro-perforatons. The self-repairing property of the skin is a 100% natural form of skin renewal fro m the inside out. The advantage of the Rejuvapen compared to other treatment is that it not only activates cell regeneration, it also enhances the absorption of active ingredients of RP Complex into the skin during the treatment before the skin closes. Your skin becomes firmer and regains its elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves. Rejuvapen treats fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, surgical scarring, burns, stretch marks, and firms and tightens mos body areas. The Rejuvapen is the most powerful micro needle system available. The unmatched torque of the Rejuvapen is the perfect tool for all body areas and thick tissue where other systems fail. Acne Scarring Wrinkle Improvement Skin Tightening Eye Rejuvenation Please see link: PRP with Dr. Gaminchi
Restylane® is designed to smooth wrinkles, sculpt lips and shape facial contours. It is a clear, synthetic gel made with hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that is found throughout your body. It carries little risk of allergic reaction. The most common areas for treatment are the glabellar lines (between the eyebrows) and the nasolabial folds (from the root of the nose to the angle of your mouth). With its unique ability to bind with water, Restylane remains in your skin for many months.
The lift and the lips you’ve been looking for
Restylane for men GET THE SUBTLE ENHANCEMENTS YOU’RE LOOKING FOR
Because products in the Restylane family are clear gel formulations of hyaluronic acid, they are specifically formulated to act like your body's own hyaluronic acid and break down naturally, for results that can be as subtle or dramatic as you like.
Sclerotherapy is the standard treatment for varicose and spider veins. A special sclerosing solution is injected into the diseased vein, which then collapses and is gradually absorbed by the body. By the end of the treatment program, the veins are less visible on the skin surface. Sclerotherapy usually also relieves symptoms associated with enlarged veins and prevents further complications.
WHAT CAUSES SPIDER VEINS TO BE VISIBLE?
These unwanted blood vessels often occur as an inherited tendency, and may be part of the aging process. Long periods of standing or sitting, trauma to the leg (leg veins) from blows or falls, pregnancy, birth control pills, and hormone replacement therapy are all factors that can be involved. Exercise and normal weight maintenance may help prevent the onslaught of spider veins.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS SESSIONS ARE NEEDED?
It will depend on the severity of the condition and the extent of improvement desired. Sclerotherapy requires 15 to 30 minutes. Usually, the veins nearly disappear immediately. A few days after the treatment, once the swelling goes down, the results appear even better. Most patients can expect a 50 to 90 percent improvement after several treatments. To guarantee success and counteract the appearance of new spider veins, touch-up treatments may be required every year or so. Since our special solution has made the treatment session very comfortable, the majority of veins can be treated in one session. However, the treatment can be broken down into multiple sessions (1 – 4 weeks apart) if the patient desires.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
After the procedure, the patient returns home wearing a pressure dressing and/or pressure hosiery (for 3 days after treatment) to prevent post-injection bleeding, as well as to promote healing. There are no restrictions. You can exercise, work, etc. as normal. Patients are encouraged to walk immediately after the procedure. A healing interval (typically one month) must pass before you have another series of injections in the same site. After each treatment, you will notice further improvement of your appearance.
Introducing Sculptra Aesthetic. Not an overnight miracle. Long lasting. Not a quick-fix. The first facial injectable that gives you subtle results over time. Replacing lost collagen. Giving you a more natural-looking appearance, without giving you away. A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, an average of three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years. So you have more time to see how sensational subtle can be. Welcome to the new age of anti-age. Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds,** that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades. Learn how Sculptra Aesthetic is different in the way it works and listen to what one patient has to say about it. *Individual results and treatment sessions may vary. Clinical trial ended at 25 months. **Safety and effectiveness of Sculptra Aesthetic have not been evaluated in areas other than nasolabial wrinkles and folds in clinical trials.
- What questions should I ask my physician about Sculptra Aesthetic?A discussion with a physician is a great way to get more information about Sculptra Aesthetic. It’s good to start thinking about what you want to get out of your anti-aging treatment. For example, with Sculptra Aesthetic, you get a natural-looking appearance without looking like you’ve had work done. And the results can last more than 2 years. Of course, individual results may vary. Our discussion guide has questions and thought-starters so you can have a more productive conversation with your physician to help determine if Sculptra Aesthetic is right for you. Learn more Download Your Discussion Guide
- What are most women looking for in an anti-aging treatment?According to a survey, most women prefer gradual results that can last longer versus shorter-term options. Sculptra Aesthetic is in line with what most women say they are looking for — an anti-aging treatment that works gradually with results that can last more than 2 years. Of course, individual results may vary. * From a survey of consumer attitudes around medical anti-aging treatments for the face conducted with 383 women 35 to 69 years of age who are considering medical anti-aging treatment (MAT) within the next 2 years.
- Where is Sculptra Aesthetic used?Sculptra Aesthetic is used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, which are treated with the appropriate injection technique. Sculptra Aesthetic is suitable for:
- — Deep folds between the nose and the mouth (nasolabial folds) also called smile lines
- — The lines framing your mouth (marionette lines)
- — Chin wrinkles
- Is Sculptra Aesthetic safe? Are there any side effects?Sculptra Aesthetic is FDA approved in the United States and has been used worldwide since 1999. Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid that is absorbed naturally by the body — and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches. Side effects reported include injection site pain, redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling. Small bumps under the skin that can sometimes be noticeable when pressing on the treated area may also occur. Larger lumps, with or without inflammation, have also been reported. Other side effects may include the delayed development of non-visible, small bumps under the skin sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area.
As you age, it's not just about lines and wrinkles. Your cheeks can lose volume and skin may begin to sag. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the firstFDA-approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to your cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21. It can provide you contour and a subtle lift for up to two years with optimal treatment. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC? Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC for use in patients under 18 years and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied
- There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your health care professional if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your health care professional if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
What are possible side effects? For JUVÉDERM® XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
V-Beam® Treatment of Rosacea
The V-Beam produces an intense but gentle burst of light that selectively destroys the blood vessels within the treated area, without damaging the surrounding tissue. Red veins respond better than blue veins and smaller vessels respond sooner than larger ones. While one treatment will produce some improvement, two to four treatments will probably be needed to achieve the best results. Treatments are usually performed four to six weeks apart.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The V-beam laser treatment delivers an intense but gentle burst of light to the skin. The light is absorbed by the blood vessels in the dermis. These blood vessels are reabsorbed by the body, allowing for a cleaner, more refreshed appearance.
IS THE V-BEAM LASER TREATMENT SAFE?
It is extremely safe. There are no major side effects. Side effects may include purpura, redness and swelling in the treated area. These are very rare and only occur with aggressive treatments and usually do not last more than a few days.
IS THE TREATMENT PAINFUL?
There may be a slight discomfort associated with the laser pulse. This discomfort may be minimized by applying a topical anesthetic cream prior to the treatment.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT WITH THE V-BEAM?
It is recommended to avoid sun-exposure for 1-2 days after treatment with the V-beam. A sunblock should be used at all times.
Silhouette InstaLift™ is the breakthrough facial rejuvenation procedure you have read about in Town & Country and seen on THE DOCTORS TV Show that lifts sagging facial skin without the need for major surgery, scars or general anesthesia.
This in-office procedure re-contours your mid-face and cheeks by gently lifting the deeper layers of your skin with reabsorbable sutures. The treatment is comfortable, requires no general anesthesia and typically takes 45 minutes. You will see results right away and the recovery time is minimal. Over time the sutures will naturally be absorbed by your body, while stimulating the production of collagen to aid in healthy skin renewal for natural-looking, long lasting results.
Contact us now to schedule a consultation to find out if Silhouette InstaLift is right for you.818-592-6005